Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Who Am I? Why Am I Doing This?


So who am I? I am a 26 year old woman who has just finished 8 years of college and is rediscovering her love for reading. When I was a young little thing, before  the college credits started piling up, I really enjoyed reading. I devoured any book that came my way. Once college came around, it became more difficult to find the time to enjoy reading non-schoolwork related material. Now that I am finally finished with my doctorate degree, I feel free to restart my obsession hobby of book reading.

I like lots of different books just depending on my mood. I'll read anything from the classics to modern young adult novels and cozy murder mysteries. I am an avid Goodreads user, and enter lots of their giveaways, which lets me review some brand new books for free!

Why am I doing this blog? Well if someone reads it, great, if not then I'm just doing this for myself. Mostly I want to re-teach myself to think critically about books and also I want to improve my writing. I haven't taken an English class since high school, so I apologize if my grammar is sometimes poor. My doctoral degree is medical science related, which required very minimal coursework in literature and writing (and those classes would mostly be useful if I were to write a thesis rather than a book review.)  If you're actually a live body and reading this, thank you for getting to the bottom of this post! Here's a kitten for your troubles:

No comments:

Post a Comment